On the 12th Day of Birthday...

Yesterday, my birthday treat was to work on my paradise journal. This I did not do. Instead, I prepped for today's treat (which I won't reveal today but at a future date because it was me treating other people) and reorganized my craft room. As well as heading over to my mother-in-law's for dinner (my hubby cooked).

To my surprise, my m-i-l offered me this:


It's her hanky box that she's had since she was 8 or 10. And it is filled to the brim. Some of the hankies were crocheted or tatted by her mother.


Look at this detail!




a white-worked bee, I think...



And some that have just lovely vintagey colors!



The other part of today's birthday treat that I can show you are these:


Chai Spice Cookies!
(the link takes you to the blog with the recipe!)

And oh are they good. (I've only had one!) They are for sharing with class tonight. But I still have half a bowl of uncooked dough in the fridge, so I'll make the rest tomorrow. Happy Monday all!

Comments

  1. How lovely of Maxine to give you such a fabulous and treasured item, they look gorgeous, you'll have lots of fun with them, some you might even blow into?happy birthday, which number day are you up to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! My MIL did the same for me a couple of years ago, only it was a box of her mother's hankies.
    The whitework bee is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Leanne I know what the other treat is because I received one! What a SWEET thing to do and I just love it. But I will keep your secret......
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it Robin! I will reveal the secret later in the week ... (feel free to trim/modify!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne - my treat arrived today!! You are just amazing. Thank you sooooooo much. I love it!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!